How do I install the spring base on a Sitema K-series safety catcher?
- Start by sliding the O-ring and plastic spacer over the bottom plate.
- Slide the bottom plate into the housing. The plastic spacer should rest on the inner lip of the housing.
- Now you can mount the bottom plate and housing to the Sitema Catcher.
- With a rubber mallet or a lead hammer give the bottom plate a tap.
- Once the bottom plate is flush on the Catcher, align the six holes.
- With the bolts and lock pin washers supplied, mount the bottom plate to the catcher.
- The lock washer tab will need to be face down to pin.
- Snug the bolts down with a wrench. You may need to use a flat head screwdriver to help set the washer tab in location.
- Take the supplied pin and tap it into shown hole on the bottom plate.
- You can now set the 4 springs in the shown location on the bottom plate.
- Set the Catcher upside down so that the spring base is accessible.
- Line up the flange plate with the springs and location pin.
- Using two 12mm long bolts with nuts you can put the bolts through the through holes on the mounting flange and thread into the bottom plate.
- Once the bolts are installed you can now start compressing the springs using the nuts on the bolts.
- You only need to compress the springs enough for you to see the snap ring groove in the housing.
- Now you can install the snap ring into the housing.
- With the snap ring installed, remove the two nuts and bolts.
Add a new comment:
View All Posts